This radio is from the era when the manufacturer would proudly list the number of transistors.
On the back of this radio there is a model number tag listing:
The electrolytic capacitors appear to have 1967 and 1968 date codes.
Forty plus years old!
I only had one problem develop with the radio during the 16 years I
have been using it. The audio would cut out intermittently and I would
tap on the radio or move the band selector switch and the audio would
It got worse over time I finally took the time to find the problem.
I discovered a bad resistor solder joint. It appears the resistor was changed after the radio was assembled.
A quirk of this radio is if you install batteries and plug the radio into an ac wall outlet. The built in power supply will apply about 8 volts to the batteries.
I discovered this about 3 weeks after installing alkaline batteries
and finding them leaking in my radio.
Maybe the old carbon batteries were tolerant of being charged.
This problem can be eliminated by installing a diode to prevent the batteries from being charged by the ac power supply.